Track - Accomplishment, Mood, MIT, and Journal (Python)
Check out the up-to-date version on GitHub
I wanted to have a way to track my mood and accomplishments over time, keep track of my priority for the next day, as well as a basic journaling platform that was not pretentious or leading. Seemed like a good project and I had seen a few people on http://merveilles.town making some fun CLI tools in this vein, so I took a swing at it.
Inspo from lon by dstn.
- Tracks mood, accomplishments, journal entries, and MIT for next day
- Saves data in an easy to read plaintext file in the root folder called
- Integrates with Tod to pull in completed accomplishments
- Allows pulling of MIT into Tod’s task list
On prompting, input:
- Your mood on a 1-5 scale.
- Your accomplishments for the day. When finished, leave the line blank and press enter.
- Your most important task for the next day.
- A 50 character or less summary of your day.
- A longer journal entry of anything you feel is relevant.
This will save this data into a file named
.track in your root folder, formatted like so:
--- 20201011 (4) Spend time on programming, exercise, and work. * Write daily tracker program * Exercise with 1.5hr walk * Brainstorm programming projects * Vote in election > Prepare for next week and resolve all open tasks I walked farther south than I have since moving here, and I really like how quiet the side streets are. Been listening to vogue ball playlists all night.