HIITimer - Exercise Timer w/Routines and TTS (Python)
Check out the up-to-date version on GitHub
I made a basic HIIT timer so I wouldn't have to rely on online pages and really terrible HIIT phone apps that do too much for me anyway. It's the bare minimum:
- Say (with TTS) and display the current state of the routine (exercise name, rest, upcoming exercise)
- Make your routine on the fly
- Load up created plaintext routines
It doesn't do anything else and there is no reason I can find for it to do anything more.
Preset routines can be loaded into HIITimer with the `-f` flag followed by the filename:
python3 hiitimer.py -f preset1.hiit
There are four fields necessary for a successful routine file:
- `exercises:` - A list of exercises which will comprise one rep. This list is comprised of an `exercises:` line, followed by an exercise on each subsequent line.
- `exercise_time:` - How long to spend on one exercise in seconds. This and all the following fields are to be comprised of the key and value on the same line.
- `rest_time:` - How long to spend resting between exercises in seconds.
- `reps:` - How many cycles of the list of exercises to do in total.
The parser overlooks blank lines and lines that begin with `#`.
A sample routine that I created looks like this:
# Sample Exercise Routine 1 exercises: Pushups Squats Plank Jumping Jacks exercise_time: 30 rest_time: 10 reps: 4
This program and all the TTS has only been tested on OSX, so please let me know if you get any errors, as I'd love to figure it out :)